Now that spring has arrived and is in full bloom, it’s time to switch up your beauty routine in order to be ready for the warmer months. Your skin can go through changes with each season, especially in the springtime, but don’t worry – I’ll walk you through it in this blog post. I’ll be sharing the best organic spring skincare routine for oily skin that you can easily do using natural vegan and cruelty-free products. These tips will help your oily skin to feel and look healthy plus nourished.
- The Best Organic Spring Skincare Routine for Oily Skin
- Why Oily Skin Needs Special Care in Spring
- Best Springtime Organic Vegan Products for Oily Skin:
- Building a Spring Skincare Routine for Oily Skin
- Daily Morning Oily Skincare Routine In The Spring
- Daily Nighttime Oily Skincare Routine In The Spring
- Tips for Maintaining Healthy, Glowing Skin in Spring
- Final Words
The Best Organic Spring Skincare Routine for Oily Skin
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through one of my links, I may receive a commission at no additional cost to you.
Why Oily Skin Needs Special Care in Spring
Let’s first discuss why oily skin needs special attention during the spring months before moving on to the products and routines. It’s important to keep in mind that oily skin happens because of overactive sebaceous glands (found over the entire surface of the body except for the palms, soles, and tops of the feet) that create more oil than is necessary. And, this excessive oil can cause clogged pores, acne, and other skin problems.
The weather may be especially tricky for people with oily skin in the spring. Your skin may create more oil when the temperature and humidity rise, resulting in shine and pimples. On top of that, constantly using heavy moisturizers and other skincare products that work better in the winter months, may now be causing blocked pores and an increase in oil production in the spring.
Best Springtime Organic Vegan Products for Oily Skin:
Have a look through even more organic vegan skincare for oily skin: Shop Credo Beauty.
Serums and Treatments
Building a Spring Skincare Routine for Oily Skin
It might seem overwhelming at first to create your own oily skin spring skincare routine, but when you have the right products and learn to best ways to use them, it’s easier to have better skin.
The key is to focus on products that are made specifically for oily skin that can help balance and nourish your skin while controlling excess oil production. By making it a habit to daily cleanse, tone, moisturize, and protect your skin from UV damage, you can use an everyday routine that is perfect for your oily skin in the spring. Additionally, incorporating optional but bonus steps like using face masks, blotting papers, and mattifying primers can help control excess oil and prevent breakouts.
It’s also important to be aware of how your skin reacts to certain products and adjust your routine if need be. With a consistent and specific spring skincare routine, you can have improved and better skin.
Here’s a step-by-step guide for a basic skincare routine to get you started:
Cleanse: Start your routine by cleansing your skin with a gentle, oil-free cleanser. This will help remove any excess oil and impurities from your skin.
Tone: After cleansing, use a toner to help balance your skin’s pH levels and remove any remaining traces of oil and dirt.
Moisturize: Choose a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer to hydrate your skin without adding excess oil.
Sunscreen: Don’t forget to protect your skin from the sun! Look for a non-greasy, oil-free sunscreen to keep your skin safe from harmful UV rays.
Daily Morning Oily Skincare Routine In The Spring
A daily skincare routine can help keep your skin healthy and prevent breakouts. It’s important to choose products that are specifically formulated for oily skin to ensure that they don’t clog your pores or leave your skin feeling greasy. The routine should consist of cleansing, toning, and moisturizing, as well as using products that can help regulate sebum production and control shine throughout the day. It’s also really important to use a sunscreen or a moisturizer with SPF so your skin stays protected from the sun. With a consistent daily routine, you can keep your oily skin looking healthy and radiant.
Start your morning with these simple steps:
- Cleanse: Start by cleansing your face with a gentle and oil-free cleanser to remove any dirt, oil, and impurities that have accumulated on your skin overnight. Use lukewarm water to avoid stripping your skin of its natural oils.
- Tone: Follow up with a toner that contains ingredients like witch hazel or green tea to help balance and soothe your skin while minimizing the appearance of pores.
- Moisturize: Apply a lightweight and oil-free moisturizer to hydrate and nourish your skin while providing a protective barrier against environmental stressors. Look for a moisturizer that contains SPF to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
- Apply Sunscreen: Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least SPF 30 to protect your skin from UV damage. Make sure to reapply every 2 hours if you’re going to be outside for an extended period of time.
- Optional Steps:
- Use a blotting paper or mattifying primer to help control excess oil throughout the day.
- Use a face mask once or twice a week to help deep cleanse and detoxify your skin.
- Avoid using heavy makeup and opt for lightweight and oil-free products to prevent clogged pores.
By following these steps, you can create a daily morning skincare routine that is perfect for oily skin in the spring. Remember to listen to your skin and adjust your routine as needed based on its changing needs.
Daily Nighttime Oily Skincare Routine In The Spring
Having a nighttime skincare routine for your oily skin is just as important as using skincare in the morning. During the night, our skin repairs and rejuvenates itself, so it needs the right ingredients to take care of your facial skin.
In your nighttime routine, you should be double cleansing your skin with a balm and cleanser to make sure all makeup or dirt that you have on your face is removed. After that, you should gently exfoliate or use a face mask to get rid of dead skin cells. It’s also recommended to use a nourishing and hydrating moisturizer and/or serum that can help repair and soothe your skin while you sleep. And, don’t forget to pay extra attention to your eye area by using a specialized eye cream to keep it looking fresh and youthful. By making sure to do your nighttime routine every night, you’ll wake up with a refreshed and glowing complexion.
Follow these steps at night before bed:
1. Double Cleanse. Start by double cleansing your face to remove any makeup, dirt, oil, and impurities that have accumulated on your skin throughout the day. Use an oil-based cleanser first to dissolve any makeup and sunscreen, followed by a water-based cleanser to remove any remaining residue.
2. Tone: Follow up with a toner that contains exfoliating ingredients like salicylic acid or glycolic acid to help unclog pores and remove dead skin cells.
3. Treat: Apply a lightweight serum or treatment that contains acne-fighting ingredients like benzoyl peroxide or tea tree oil to help prevent breakouts and reduce inflammation.
4. Moisturize: Apply a lightweight and oil-free moisturizer to hydrate and nourish your skin while providing a protective barrier against environmental stressors.
5. Optional Steps:
- Use a face mask once or twice a week to help deep cleanse and detoxify your skin.
- Use a facial oil to help balance and nourish your skin while reducing the appearance of pores.
- Consider using a retinol or AHA/BHA product to help improve the overall texture and tone of your skin.
By following these steps, you can create a nighttime skincare routine that is perfect for oily skin in the spring. Remember to listen to your skin and adjust your routine as needed based on its changing needs.
Tips for Maintaining Healthy, Glowing Skin in Spring
In addition to using the right products, there are some other things you can do to help maintain healthy, glowing skin in spring. Here are a few tips:
Drink plenty of water to help flush toxins from your body and keep your skin hydrated.
Eat a Healthy Diet
Eating a diet rich in fruits and vegetables can help provide your skin with the nutrients it needs to look its best.
Avoid Touching Your Face
Touching your face can transfer bacteria and oils from your hands to your skin, leading to breakouts and other skin issues.
While exfoliating can be beneficial for oily skin, it’s important not to overdo it. Stick to exfoliating once or twice a week to avoid irritating your skin.
Keep Your Hair Off Your Face
If you have long hair, keep it pulled back to prevent it from touching your face and transferring oils.
You now have everything you need to know about building the best spring skincare routine your oily skin needs. And, remember, always use lightweight products with organic natural ingredients that won’t clog your pores or cause excessive facial oil. By following these tips and using the right products, you can keep your oily skin looking healthy and glowing all season long.
PIN FOR LATER!